The EdenPure air purifier is a little purifier with enough strength to quickly clean the air in medium-sized rooms. Unfortunately, the function of this small purifier is dependent on reactive ozone.
This means that OxiLeaf is not only less successful in removing pollutants and allergens than the marketing claims suggest, but it also poses a health risk when used as directed.
While ozone is an effective deodorizer, particularly for neutralizing pet odors and cigarette smoke, it should not be used in populated environments.
Edenpure Air Purifier Review
This is a wonderful option if you’re searching for a small, inexpensive purifier to eliminate scents in less-used areas. But let’s say you’re looking for a purifier that can handle pollutants, allergies, pathogens, and odors while also being safe to use in the home. In that situation, the Okaysou AirMax 10L or Alen BreatheSmart 75i are recommended.
This little purifier fits in the palm of your hand and is only slightly larger than the outlet covers into which it connects. This is in stark contrast to the bulky construction of more traditional air purifiers. The OxiLeaf’s unique functionality is what allows it such a small footprint.
Other purifiers purify the air by sucking it into the unit and filtering it through a collection of specialized filters. The OxiLeaf, on the other hand, converts ordinary air into purifying ozone that circulates around the room, eliminating odors and contaminants along the way.
The EdenPure OxiLeaf is a one-of-a-kind design that eliminates the need for filters or other replaceable parts. Despite its small, the product promises to reduce odors, pollutants, pathogens, and allergens to unprecedented levels. Continue to read to know about features of edenpure air purifier reviews.
Ozonates, such as OxiLeaf, are highly regarded for their capacity to eliminate even the most noxious scents from your home. However, the same property that makes it so effective at cleaning is also thought to be damaging to your health.
Let’s take a closer look at this unit’s features, advantages, and disadvantages to see if it’s worth the risk.
Three oxygen atoms make up the molecule ozone. Because of its unstable state, it reacts violently with whatever molecule it comes into contact with. VOCs (volatile organic compounds) are also extremely reactive. Because all odors are VOCs, it stands to reason that ozone would be effective at denaturing and eliminating various types of aromas.
The EdenPure OxiLeaf is highly effective in this regard. The ozone created will quickly spread through the room, denaturing most of the odorous chemicals it comes into contact with.
The majority of consumers praises the purifier’s ability to reduce odors. But, on the other hand, some sensitive people perceive the ozone’s scent to be worse than the original.
If you are very sensitive to the odors produced by thunderstorms, you should avoid using any type of ozonate.
Many indoor contaminants are also fairly reactive, meaning they will be influenced by ozone in the same manner as scents are. The claim that OxiLeaf can remove 99.9% of pollutants, on the other hand, appears to be untrue.
To begin with, ozone-reacting chemicals aren’t always neutralized by the reaction. So, in rare situations, the ozone reaction’s products are even more harmful than the original molecule.
Furthermore, it appears that this device lacks the necessary power to effectively remove all toxins from the air. The amount of ozone required to properly destroy viruses and denature bigger chemicals is relatively significant, and inhaling it would be extremely dangerous for people. This is one of the reasons why many users are dissatisfied with the purifier’s capacity to remove allergens and respiratory ailments.
Given the size of the OxiLeaf and the safety issues about ozone levels (more on that in a minute), this device is unlikely to purify the air as well as it claims.
While in use, this tiny purifier emits a faint hum, although the highest noise production is just approximately 34 dB, which is barely audible.
Given that we do not recommend using this item in inhabited spaces, the low noise level that the business touts are almost irrelevant.
Ozone’s reactivity, which makes it such a strong air cleanser, can also harm the respiratory system. This is especially true for people who are sensitive and have allergies or asthma.
For this reason, intentionally bringing ozone into your home via ozone generators like the OxiLeaf is a contentious matter. Anything below 0.08 ppm is considered a healthy ozone level for outdoor air by the EPA. The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health recommends that an ozone level of 0.10 ppm be maintained at all times in the workplace.
The EdenPure OxiLeaf offers a customizable ozone output that ranges from 0.4 to 0.8 parts per million. Unfortunately, this means that even on the lowest setting, the air near the device will much exceed the regulators’ recommended ozone exposure level.
As a result, we do not advise using the OxiLeaf in occupied rooms. And, before someone spends time in a purified room, it should be sufficiently ventilated.
Easy Use of Edenpure
The small device plugs into the wall and hangs from the outlet. It can also be connected to a USB port for usage on the road or in the RV.
The output is controlled via an easy-to-use dial on the side, which ranges from minimum (0.4 ppm) to maximum (0.8 ppm) (0.8 ppm). Because there is no on/off switch, the unit must be unplugged to be turned off.
This small purifier is really simple to use because there are no filters or batteries to bother with.
Technology With Two Vents
Two vents (one on each side) ensure that the purification process is distributed evenly. This eliminates any concerns or restrictions regarding how the gadget should be turned in order to produce optimal purifying outcomes.
What Is The Effectiveness of Oxileaf II Against Common Odors?
- Odors from pets: Pet dander, which is difficult to remove using typical methods, is the most prevalent cause of the distinct aroma that our beloved pets release. In general, an ozone generator effectively hides any dander-related pet scents. Urine is another source of strong pet odor. Because urine does not oxidize, you must first address the source of the odor (carpet stain, for example) before turning on the ozone generator.
- Smoke from cigarettes: Smoke is one of the most hazardous air pollutants and, as a result, one of the most difficult to eliminate. When it comes to removing (cigarette) smoke, ozone generators are extremely effective and are frequently utilized when all other options have failed.
- There are strong automotive scents: I chose to place Oxileaf II here as well because it is so compact and portable. This area is very important for trucking firms and anyone else that deals with a lot of transportation because the scent (depending on the cargo) can require constant odour treatment. You’d have to operate the ozone generator for a couple of hours in this situation, which is usually enough to get good results.
- Human odors and body odor: Ozone generators are very good in masking and removing odors from the body. People normally try to air out the room, which is futile most of the time. However, an ozone generator is a good alternative. Many experts advise starting with a standard air purifier with filters before switching to an ozone generator (due to the negative side of ozone).
- Excellent air purification properties.
- It’s quite simple to use.
- An effective deodorizer.
- In inhabited spaces, it is not safe to use.
- It is false to claim that skills can be purified.
- Ozone production is high.
- There are only a few functions.
From this Edenpure air purifier review, you know that the Edenpure Oxileaf II Thunderstorm is a great air purifier. It cleans the air more effectively than the highest-graded HEPA filters, it’s small enough to fit in your pocket, and it’s cheap enough to be a steal. I would recommend it to anyone who prioritizes high-quality cleaning skills. It works against most odors, as well as the tiniest bacteria and viruses. It has an advantage over regular HEPA filters because of this. I also like that this device has no hidden expenditures, such as filters or other parts that need to be replaced. It’s also a wonderful and portable travel companion due to its size, weight, and USB connector.